--> QEMU CAVEATS <--
Okay, lemme just get a few things straight here. This is the
last new page I'm doing, after making the "why emulate"
and "screenshots" pages in that order, and I'm getting
super tired here, so I'mma just make this quick over how QEMU
is not as good at emulating PPC Macs as it probably should be.
- Startups take waaaaaay tooooooo looooooong. 90 seconds at
least, two minutes at most. Yes, even for OS9.
- It don't do actual graphics acceleration yet. 3D games from
the 2000s are gonna look like crap emulated in QEMU.
- Sound support is... yeesh. I'll put it this way, it's definitely
not gonna make it to the layman consumer for a while methinks.
- The QEMU team had to copy a copyright string from and actual
Mac ROM just to boot classic Mac OS. While not an actual usage
of Apple's ROMs, it still says alot about what they did to circumvent
stuff like clone systems.
- If you want to run OS 9.0.4 or earlier, just run it in SheepShaver.
- Full Tilt! Pinball crashes the system, badly.
You can't play Space Cadet within QEMU-PPC. Maybe with an XP
or 2K VM, but on classic Mac.... *sigh*